Monday, August 11, 2008

What's new in Rettland?

We attended a Rett picnic two weekends ago. Local families dealing with Rett Syndrome. There was about a dozen families. a pool and a trampoline. Sabrina had a good time but just started to warm up to the other kids when it was time to leave. she spent most of the time playing with a dog there. we'll get her one but not for a couple of more years I think. I want to make sure Kelly won't hurt a dog and the way she pulls hair, I think she'd hurt a dog at this point.

Next weekend....the 24th, we go back to the visiting Rett clinic in New Brunswick. Kelly will see Dr. Alan Percy, a well know expert in RTT. He was wonderful when we saw him in February. Can't wait to tell him Kelly's been pee peeing on the potty....yes that's right folks, after every bath I put her on the potty and more than half the time she pees......a few times #2......hurrah.....

The NJRSA New Jersey Rett Syndrome Association has raised enough money to have a Rett clinic open in Robert Wood Johnson hospital some time in October. It would be great to know I can go and see a RTT expert and know they'll be there in the future. there's a roll, walk, stroll fundraiser in October that I want to go to and help raise some money. I'll post more about that when I get more details.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Let me know when -- I'll try to walk too!

Sue said...

And YAY KELLY!

Sue said...

Hey, read my blog :)