My list of things to be thankful for:
1. My husband...he gave me back my dreams when I didn't think I could dream for much.
2. My kids...for making my dreams a reality. I really love this mom gig. Sabrina for challenging me to be a better mom, to be able to juggle car pool, housework, paperwork and remember that its most important to play. Kelly, for the unending smiles, and total love and optimism in her eyes. I want to be a better person for her.
3. My home...love my house...hope we can afford to stay here.
4. My friends and family....you guys are the best....especially when you let me drone on and on about #1 and #2.
5. Dogs.....love them and their unwaivering devotion. I still miss Epi.
6. Flowers....the best thing about nature. Love their color, most of the time their fragrance and the way they can brighten up a room.
7. My car....I think I'd go nuts if I couldn't get out of the house.
8. Music...I love the way it can take me away or take me back at any moment in time.
9. Being an American...despite the problems we face every day I don't think I'd rather live in any other country.
10. For my faith in God..at times waivering and at times strong...thankful for it being there when I need it...(ok...this should be higher than dogs.)
11. For reality TV...it can get me through a bad day to watch like a zombie at night.
12. For my kids pediatrician...he's been wonderful and supportive and calming....
13. For teachers and therapists that really care. They have really been a Godsend. in my life.
14. For Kathy Hunter, IRSF, NJRSA and all those fighting for a cure for Rett Syndrome, especially Dr. Percy, Jane Lane, and Dr. Shishadri..who personally take care of Kelly.
15. For double chocolate chip cookies...nuff said.
16. For coffee.
17. For computers.
18. For my somewhat slipping but always needing to be depended on, intelligence.
19. For the occassional ability to just let things slide....I need more of this in my life.
20. For my health and the health of my family (this should also be up higher on the list.....ok....this is a go with the flow type of thing....not in the proper order of priorities at all.)
21. For Santa Claus...gotta love the Christmas holidays... and those times that I really get in the spirit.