Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Just another day in the life...

Recently a friend said she checked my blog to see what was going on in my life. ...hey that was her on the phone just now. (Hi Sue!) Actually my whole family had a stomach virus and I was thrown up on about four times over the past five day.....wooo hooo.

They say you haven't fully experienced mother hood until you are spit up on, thrown up on and peed on. Kelly peed on me before she came home from the hospital. I was changing her diaper in the NICU and she peed up in an arch like a little boy does...she got me good. Also add sneezed, coughed and pooped. Boy oh boy...I am a fully experienced mother.

Any stories of endearing motherhood experiences any one would like to share???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I have been pooped on, peed on and vomited on, as well. I guess the best story is when Will didn't want to go to the bathroom and throw up in the toilet. He instead stayed in bed where I caught the warm vomit in my hands and then carried it to the toilet. Ahh the wonderful memories!!! Motherhood is a messy job sometimes, but still rewarding!!!
Sandi

Sue said...

Spit up on and Vomited on are WAY DIFFERENT. Baby spit doesn't bother me, no matter who the baby is. Vomit can be nauseating, even if it's your own kid.

I remember when Kelly vomited on me too... as I recall, it was hotdog and bean night...

And the reason I can't stand the thought of Hawaiian Punch, even today, is because of all those times the kids had it and then threw it up again...