Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Next step....allergist

So Kelly is doing fantastic. She took 24 steps without her leg braces last night. Despite being autistic, developmentally delayed, no speech at all, hypotonia (low muscle tone) and as of yet an undiagnosed genetic disorder she is very happy....but her reflux came back in January. She spits up or at times, throws up after eating.
And after drinking even if it is hours after eating. The pediatrician and G/I doctor don't believe she has allergies and I don't know if she does but I'm going to go and check it out. Milk and wheat are in almost everything and nothing seems to help her.
The medicine is almost useless by the end of the day. Surgery is not being considered unless she starts to get pneumonia from swallowing food into her lungs or if she persistantly losses weight. Whereas she's not losing, she's not gaining at this point either.
Sabrina has hit the terrible threes. At the store today, a lady commented on "What a nice little girl!" Sabrina replied, "I'm not nice!" I think that says it all.
Life goes on...How is everyone else in the world doing?

3 comments:

chumly said...

The gold, children, you manage today sounds better than the money you managed in the bank.

Beth said...

What a beautiful thought. Thanks for posting.

Sue said...

Hey Beth. It's 1 AM, and I'm just finished typing Nick's homework. I didn't have a chance to call you today, but I'll talk to ya tomorrow!